Beer Can Chicken
I LOVE Beer Can Chicken!! You can make it on the grill or in the oven. I have found that the oven works much better and it makes the chicken much juicier! I purchased the beer can chicken holder and then place it in a roasting pan.
- Whole Chicken
- Roasting Pan & Beer Can Chicken Rack
- Kickin Chicken Spice (Its my favorite!) (You can use any spice)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Can of beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Get a beer of your choosing (needs to be a can…hate to state the obvious!) and place that in the middle of the beer can chicken rack and then put that in a roasting pan to catch all the juices.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry. Fit whole chicken over the open beer can with the legs on the bottom.
- Rub the prepared seasoning mixture and olive oil over the entire chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven. it will need to cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Use an instant-read thermometer and insert into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the oven and discard the beer can. Cover the chicken with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
This makes enough for 4 people