Greek Marinated Chicken
The husband and I made this with the Greek Style Potatoes and it was absolutely delicious!!! Enjoy!
- 1 cup plain yogurt (i used greek yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 3½ to 4 lbs chicken
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Zest the lemon into the bowl and also add the juice from half of the lemon. Chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 30 minutes but I like to do this overnight
- You can either grill or bake the chicken after marinating for 30 minutes (grilling comes out better IMO)
- To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9×13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.