Waffle Iron Hash & Fried Egg
Made brunch with the hunny today! I have been wanting to try making my own waffle iron hash browns!!! So here is the recipe!
1. Preheat the Waffle Iron (I set mine to about level 3-4 as you don’t want it to hot or the potatoes will burn.
2. Once the potatoes are peeled and shredded, squeeze in a towel until as dry as possible (they will be mushy if they aren’t dry)
3. In a mixing bowl combine One Egg, Potatoes, Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder to taste. Feel free to play around with different seasonings!
4. Once Waffle Iron is heated, carefully grease up the iron with the grassfed butter or EVOO. I used EVOO Spray as it was just easier 🙂
5. Pile shredded potatoes into waffle iron, over-stuffing it a bit, and close lid. (The pressure of the lid will compress the potatoes and help them emerge as a cohesive, waffled unit.) Cook for 2 minutes, then press down on lid to further compress potatoes – I usually make them about 3 inches long and about 1/2 inch think before it gets pressed. It makes about 4-6 hash browns.
6. As the waffle is cooking, make 4 fried eggs. (one egg per hash brown)
7. Once all is cooked place hash brown on plate, then place one fried egg on top with a small scoop of goat cheese and drizzle with hot sauce (I like franks!)