Kitchen Sink Chicken & Veggie Stew – Paleo Approved!
It is Winter here and I just love making stews for this time of year!! Who is with me!? I just feels so cozy to put it in a bowl and cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie while it is snowing outside! I love Vegetables and decided it was time to create a new recipe! 🙂 Yum!
- 2-3 shredded chicken (I used organic shredded canned chicken) (This is dependent on how much you want in there.
- 2 Cups Carrots – Sliced
- 1 Cup Celery – Sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion – Diced into Chunks
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder – Add More if you want it more Garlicy!
- 1 Yellow Squash – Chopped in Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Green Squash – Chopped in Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – Chopped in Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – Chopped in Bite Size Pieces
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes (you can use fresh)
- 1 Box of Mushrooms
- 3 Bay Leafs
- Homemade Veggie Broth (about 2 cups possibly more if it cooks down)
- 1-2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1-2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1-2 Tsp Dill
- 1-2 Tbsp Basil
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- Coconut Oil
Take the Carrots & Celery and suate in Coconut Oil (about 1 tbsp), then add in the cans of tomatoes, garlic and herbs and veggie broth. Let that cook for about 20 mins on medium-low, until Carrots are soft.
Then in all the bell peppers and add in any more herbs if you feel it wasn’t enough, then let it simmer for like 5 more minutes. Then add in the squash, mushrooms and chicken.
NOTE: Squash, Mushrooms and Chicken are added at the end since they are soft veggies and the chicken is already cooked/shredded. You don’t want them to completely fall apart so they dont need as long of cooking time, more to just warm up