Simple Changes for a Healthier Lifestyle
It can be really hard to make changes into living healthier – trust me I totally get it. . . especially when potato chips are calling out to you! #struggleisreal
I have learned that sometimes when you are just starting out in changes that small changes make it a bit easier. So here are some changes that I would recommend to start off your new lifestyle!
Let me know what you think below and if I am missing something! 🙂
Small and Simple Changes For A Healthier Lifestyle
- Drink more water. Half your weight in ounces
- Try a new fruit or vegetable you’ve never tried before.
- Sneak some veggies into your diet. Smoothies are a great way to do this!
- Add lemon juice, diced fruit, or herbs to your ice water to jazz things ups!
- Stop drinking soda – just stop…it is awful for you! AWFUL…YES even the DIET crap. so knock it off! 🙂
- Swap out your snacks. Carrots and hummus or apples and yogurt instead of chips and dip!
- Give yourself 1 cheat meal each week. Guilt free! I call it the 80/20 rule!
- Replace “I can’t have that” with “I choose this instead”. Empowerment baby! Putting negative words in front of things makes life harder.
- Try some herbal teas! They are delish! Especially Mint Medley!
- Make a workout playlist and crank it. I promise it helps.
- Get moving for 30 minutes a day.
- Take a few moments in the morning and night to stretch and breathe deep!
- Try a month-long Haute misFITs Workout Challenge!
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store for 80% of your food.
- Get some good workout pants or shoes as motivation to move!
- Sign up for a free 30 day trial of Beachbody On Demand so you have lots of workouts to choose from!
- Try not to snack at night. Brush your teeth after dinner if it helps!
- Take the stairs.
- Eat some sort of leafy green vegetable ever day.
- Use fresh herbs and spices to season your food and cut back on the salt.
- Throw out the junk food in your house, if it’s there, you’ll eat it.
- Swap your Starbucks frappe for a Cafe Latte Smoothie (it’s cheaper too!)
- Plan ahead, take snacks on road trips and pack your lunch for work.
- Go for a walk outside.
- Enlist a workout buddy to help keep you accountable.
- Try a yoga or cycle class
- Find healthier versions of your favorite treats.
- Try healthy fats to make you feel satiated. It really works: avocados, nuts, seeds, etc.
- If you’re still hungry, eat veggies. If you don’t want them, you are not hungry, you are craving.