Self Love…Why It Is So Important!
Have you heard about ‘practicing self-love’ before? It is kind of the hot topic but I think for very good reason…it seems alot of people out there are really getting bogged down by social media and the negativity that can come with that.
We live in a society that I believe has become very judgemental towards others. We see others and if they are different in any way we immediately lash out rather than go to them with open arms embracing the differences of eachother.
To me..that is just sad. I grew up in a family that loving others and treating others with respect was such a big deal. I never questioned other peoples choices rather I just let them do their thing and moved on with life. Who am I to judge others? NOPE. It just isn’t how it works..but that is just me.
So self love…what is that? What does it mean? Does it really change your life if you love YOU? Lots of questions..so let’s get down to business…
So Self Love..the actual meaning listed above ….doesn’t that sound just beautiful and amazing? Then why is it soo hard?!
I can tell you my thoughts on that….in our world the general society is focused on everything negative. Think about it…when you look at magazines what do they say? Always trying to tell you how to be better when subconsciously you see that as ‘you aren’t good enough’
Our whole lives we are being told we aren’t good enough. We aren’t thin enough. We aren’t Smart Enough. We aren’t….fill in the blank. it is crappy..but it is the way of the world unfortunately.
Well in order for us to really pursue our dreams and to be happy…loving ourselves is the first step. If we love ourselves….well anything is possible. We are happier, we feel motivated and encouraged to be able to do anything we want. Think about it…when someone we love is encouraging to us…doesn’t that make us feel good? So think about it if it was YOU doing that! Sounds pretty fantastic to me!
So as I was thinking about self-love i was thinking about a list of what we can do to start our journey at realizing how amazingly awesome we are! Alot of people don’t really know where to start when they are trying to change their mindset and see the beauty. It is understandable because we have been hardwired to think a different way!
Don’t feel discouraged because of that! Learn from it. Grow from it. Move On.
Here is a list I have put together to help you achieve self love awesomeness-
- Create a new Ritual – a Self-Love Ritual every day – huh?? I know! so let me explain…take at least 10-15 mins and unplug. Turn off your phone, turn off the tv, computer, tell your hubby to take the kids somewhere, find a room that has no distractions and yes..the bathroom works perfectly! Now it is time to pamper the crap out of yourself!!! Sit down and just massage your feet- now as you are massaging your feet talk to them (i know…but do it) tell them thank you for always keeping you upright and getting to where you need to go. Do this with your entire body. The point is…shower yourself with Gratitude. . .you are pretty awesome. So pet yourself and tell YOU you are pretty! Be Honest, Be Open. Love YOU.
- Build a Tribe – I know most of us probably think we can do everything with no help right? well WRONG. People are here for a reason. We can’t do it all …we were never meant to do it all. Positive energy is contagious, so whether you’re building a network or planning to go to a fun event, it’s always important to have a community you value around you regularly. It really will change your life. Find the people that make your life better and don’t let them go!
- Make a List of What is Working in Your Life – This is kind of a hard one because you are really gonna have to be honest with yourself. So be prepared. We need to recognize what love we have around us. Start a list of all the awesome things in your life. Be totally honest and open. See the beauty and always look back and add to it as more stuff comes in.
- Understanding Your Body – Your body is a vessel to get you around, to help you feel good. Remember this. Treat it nicely, feed it well by clean eating exercise and drinking water. Be intentional about this. Remember that this is your only vessel so keeping it as healthy as possible will benefit you every single day. Feeding your body nutrient-rich foods will have you oozing love out of every pore. TRUST ME! Life Changes when you start down this healthy journey!
- De-Clutter Your Life – decluttering is a huge therapeutic remedy for many people. Living in clutter is one step away from hoarder life…have you SEEN that show!? Look at how unhappy these people are??? So stop. De-Clutter – get rid of crap you don’t need. There are TONS of websites on how to do this! Remember – don’t chase after the past and all the things that came with it. lets move forward and love ourselves.
- Comparing -NOPE. Throw it OUT! – EVERYONE has done this…I used to do it a lot with Fertility and how everyone was getting pregnant and here i was hanging out and not. It is a HORRIBLE thing to do and gets you nowhere. We are all on our own beautiful journey. Each Journey will be completely different from the other person. So remember that..your journey is amazing..so embrace it and be happy! The next time you want to browse the web for reasons to feel bad about yourself, remember that you are perfect just the way you are!!! Being in a pattern of compare and despair only makes you focus on the negative, when there’s SO much to be grateful for. So no more!
- Exploring Your Spirituality – Having Faith is the Foundation of Self-Love – it doesn’t matter WHAT you believe. Having Faith and being open is how Self-Love will fall right in. Believing in something opens up your soul to the beauty of belief and trust. It will build your intuition and help you make decisions based on your gut. Plus this will also help you tremendously in relationships. 🙂 When you start to explore your spirituality it will send you out on a journey of learning about who you are, what you like and things you like to do! This is a win win!
- Find and DO something you are good at – This is pretty self explanatory but the reason for this is to give your self a self esteem booster! Everyone loves to feel good at something they accomplished..so go out and find something you enjoy and do it!
- Letting It Go – building up that muscle – we tend to hold on to things from the past or hold on to the fact that we can’t change something about a situation. This does nothing to help us. Letting it go will be the most therapeutic thing you can do for yourself. We have all these blocks built up from shit we have never just let go of…The more blocks we clear, the more we can really live big in the area of self-love!!! Although we may do this as a way to protect ourselves from hurting, it’s really only holding us back from moving forward to reaching optimal self-acceptance and loving who we are.
- Treat Yo-Self – Yes…do it! You deserve to treat yourself from time to time. Take yourself out on a date and be grateful for the amazing life you lead and the amazing things you will be doing!
Now Go Out and Take On the World but most importantly LOVE YOURSELF!!!